What a week. It’s like I blinked and lost four days. Actually, I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what happened, and I have gathered the best evidence possible that someone (possibly Dr. Evil) is screwing with the time/space continuum and my place in it. My evidence is as follows:
1. On Monday, I was beginning the second Viper Pilots sock.
Suddenly it’s Friday, and all I have is this.
I knit have every day, yet that is not five days worth of knitting. That is not normal.
2. On Monday, I had four loads of laundry to do. Suddenly, it is Friday and (drumroll please) I still have ONLY FOUR LOADS OF LAUNDRY. As this family has not taken a vow of nudity since Monday, I can only presume that we skipped several days, or someone else did the laundry, and that’s possible either.
3. I don’t recall Thursday or Tuesday at all. Not even a little bit. I can’t tell you one thing that I did on either of those days, and my recollection of Wednesday is patchy, and centres around the fact that I know I ate cookies that Denny baked at knit night, and knit night is Wednesday. That’s all I’ve got.
4. In fact, almost all I remember from the last four days is working on the new Sock Summit website, but considering the hours I’ve put in on that bad boy, it should be there, and it’s not. This supports my theory that the last four days blew by me like a fifteen year old girl asked to do the dishes. (I actually think it’ll be up really soon. There are tech people involved and I think they work for Dr. Evil.)
5. There is no episode for Survivor on the the Tivo. Ergo, Thursday must not have happened.
6. I am not packed to go to Sock Camp, even though I leave at 0’dark hundred hours on Sunday morning. I am a pre-packer. There is no way that I wouldn’t start packing at least 4 days before leaving. I haven’t made a single decision about what I’ll be knitting even though I am leaving for many days. I am not the sort of person who does that. I pack early. I pack often, I pack extensively. Admittedly, I do pack clothes last, but there is no yarn at all in my suitcase. None. I don’t recall an internal debate about what to knit while I’m gone either – and this is an activity that I normally give my whole soul to, several days in advance. By now I should have already worked out exactly what’s coming with me, found the yarn, photocopied the patterns, wound the yarn and put it all in the suitcase. That’s what I do. I’m a travelling knitter. If I didn’t pack on Tuesday, then there wasn’t a Tuesday. That’s final.
I believe this collection of evidence corroborates my theory that I have somehow been fast-forwarded through four days of my life. I feel that the knitting and laundry evidence is indisputable. All proper explanations for what in the name of all things woolly happened to my week are graciously accepted, and even encouraged.
I’m going to go pack.