I’m starting to really feel the love for this Random Monday thing. Here it is, the beginning of a busy week and I don’t even have to pretend to have any sort of a cohesive structure to a blog post- which is a relief, because I don’t think any was forthcoming anyway. So here we go.
1. I’m packing. I hate packing. I wish you could just type the location and event you were going to into a computer on the side of your suitcase, and it would just walk around the house putting everything you would need in it.
2. I’m going to Portland because it’s just about a year until the next Sock Summit, and that means that Tina and I have to start the endless string of meetings and in-person organizing that has to happen so the thing flies.
3. I have bought new post-it notes to make sure it goes well. I suspect Tina has too.
4. I finished spinning the latest obsession. Four skeins of yarn that are now ready to be dyed – all to match.
5. I still have no idea what I’m going to make out of them, but I’m starting to think that the woven scarf experiment might have triggered this, and maybe I’m supposed to make another woven scarf.
6. I guess this is another trip where I try to put a loom in my suitcase.
7. My loom is pretty little, so I don’t mind doing that, except for that moment at security when I have to explain what it is and why I have it with me. I can tell by their faces that I’m yet to find a way to do it that sounds sane by their standards.
8. Their standards are weird.
9. Megan turned 19 yesterday.
That means that now I’m the mother of another person who is old enough to do everything there is to do in Canada, from driving to voting to drinking- and to do it without my permission.
10. I’m still working on how I feel about her being able to yell "You’re not the boss of me" and have an actual point. I bought champagne for her anyway.