1. I’m so tired.
2. Yesterday/today/all week I’ve had to make decisions about sleep and how much I would get that were not really reasonable.
3. This all came to a head when Tina and I worked on Sock Summit until the wee hours last night and then I decided that even though the Royal Wedding came on in the wee hours that I would forever regret it if I didn’t watch it live.
4. So I did. I got two hours of sleep and I’m practically delirious. I can’t tell if the crazy state I’m in is due to exhaustion or caffeine overload to compensate for exhaustion – but I’m so nuts that I can barely tell time.
5. It was worth it. That wedding was completely fabulous.
6. All of this was so that this next sentence could be true.
If you’re on the Sock Summit mailing list, you’ve gotten (or are getting soon) an email that says this:
The Sock Summit Team would like to announce that registration for Sock Summit 2011 will take place Wednesday, the 4th of May at 12:00 pm PDT.
A very great many changes have been made to the registration process this go round, and all of them have been designed to make registration faster, easier, smoother and not melt down any servers anywhere no matter how many knitters try to do so at the same time. As a response to the number of knitters who didn’t get spots last time, this year, we’ve added more classes and more teachers. We find all of this terrifically reassuring, and hope that you do too.
While you get ready for registration, please spend some time perusing our amazing selection of Teachers, Classes and Events, and have a good look at the schedule. Monday, instructions and a walk through for registration will be posted on the registration page of our site, and we hope you’ll have a good look at that too, so that you’re ready when we go live.
As always, it’s an honour and a privilege to work for all of you. Running a sock conference is an unlikely and wonderful job, and we’re grateful that we get the chance.
With many thanks,
Tina Newton, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and our exhausted head-geek and ST-2 Stephen
8. I’m going to bed. I think I have time for a quick nap.
9. I sure do wish I could knit when I got up.
10. Maybe I will.
11. A little bit.