Today is my Birthday. I thought about not posting, even thought I wanted to, because my rule has always been that I don’t work on my Birthday. This year (because I sort of have to work on my Birthday) I decided the rule was really more "I don’t do anything I don’t want to on my Birthday" and that opened the world of possibility before me.. so you’re getting a Birthday Random Post.
1. I’m 43 today. Oddly, even thought I thought this was really old when I was in my twenties, it seems pretty freaking reasonable now that I’m here.
2. I think I look pretty good for 43. I have decided not to make much of this, since it will all likely catch up with me soon.
3. On my 43rd birthday, I can do 16 pushups and run 5k — if I have to, which I don’t, so I’m not… but I could if I wanted to, and that’s more than I can say about my 40th Birthday, so I think I’m just improving all the time.
4. I had a glass of wine in the afternoon and planted a new hosta. I feel celebratory.
5. All three of my daughters wished me Happy Birthday before noon and my husband remembered. I’m counting that as a win too.
6. For the record, my husband has admitted that the way he remembers my birthday is that he knows it happens when it’s warm – so one night when it’s warm, he waits for me to go to sleep, then checks my drivers licence.
7. Is that charming? I think so.
8. I am knitting- and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me.
9. For now.
10. Thanks for being here on my Birthday. Whether all of you know it or not, I feel involved with the lot of you. The tweets and emails have been absolutely awesome, and I’m grateful. This is a pretty good place to be on your birthday.