1. Yesterday wasn’t a good day, if we’re defining good as "things were accomplished that are appropriate to the time of year and the normal march of time."
2. Despite drinking enough coffee that I could totally feel my hair growing, and once I think I stopped blinking for a while, I got almost nothing done.
3. I spent hours ripping up the house looking for a vital piece of paper that I didn’t find.
4. Then I spent hours putting the house back together, which is sort of the opposite of cleaning for the holidays.
5. Whenever I can’t find something like that I always think I threw it out, even though I would never throw out something like that.
6. Solstice is this weekend, and at the last minute I remembered to make the ice lanterns, but after I filled the molds there was no room in the freezer and I had no idea what to do until I remembered that this is Canada, and the whole country is a freezer at present.
7. I almost forgot to make the peppermint bark before tomorrow, also – what is up with candy canes having green on them, or coming in strange colours or flavours like egg nog or french vanilla or gingerbread. I almost bought cherry by accident for crying out loud. Is it too much to ask to rein in a simple thing like candy canes? I want red and white only, and they should be peppermint. Is this a world gone mad?
8. I knit almost nothing yesterday. Two inches on a sock and a half a sweater front.
9. That kind of progress is serious problem, especially since I have two appointments today that are really, really going to screw with me.
10. I have wrapped nothing and I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.
11. I am starting to freak out a little bit.
12. Please don’t make me go to the mall.