1. No word yet on the sock. It could be that this story will end sadly, but not for lack of effort in the knitting community, and I don’t know about you, but that makes me feel great about us.
2. The bike rally leaves Sunday. I have just spent a few minutes quietly at my desk trying to work out if what I feel is excitement or terror. It might be both. The weather forecast for next week looks really dodgy. So far it’s calling for rain every day, and while I might be able to get my head around riding in the rain (not really – it sucks) I can’t tell you how opposed I am to camping in the rain, and actually, it’s the idea of doing both of those things for days on end that really makes me take a deep breath.
3. I am trying to change the forecast with my mind.
4. I might be making it worse.
5. I totally think I can finish these socks before I go. I’m so totally in love with them that I have forgiven the toe all its transgressions.
I ended up just changing the rate of decrease in them, and I think it’s actually pretty good.
6. I still have to plan my rally knitting. There isn’t much time to knit while we’re riding, but it makes me feel better to have it with me, and if it’s going to rain as much as they’re predicting, Jen and I could be spending our evenings huddled in our tent, knitting like mad.
7. Want some presents? Sure you do.
It’s going to be a nice day for Sara N! She’s the lucky recipient of a gift from Helen, who has this beautiful yarn for her.
It’s two skeins of Terrra – Woad Light, and a co-coordinating skein of Knitpicks Stroll fingering – to use doubled with the Terra for a beautiful scarf.
Heather at Wolowik Ranch has an amazing roving that’s looking for a new home.
It’s 4oz of hand-dyed merino, and guess who’s going to love it? Mya MG!
Kim C is going to be delighted. She’s the lucky winner of a gift from Janelle at the Eclectic Closet.
It’s a beautiful kit for her Fossetta Hat and Cowl set. She’s including both patterns, and 4 skeins of Lang Yak Yarn. Lucky Kim!
Three cheers for Jeffi at Shantiknits, (right here in Ontario) she’s got this gorgeous skein of hand-dyed sock yarn to give away.
It’s right up my alley, but I’m thrilled to see it go to Margaret W.
A few last gifts (for today – there’s so much more coming) and these come from our good friend Lucy Neatby. Lucy’s offering up three digital copies of her book, A Little Book of BIG Holes for Hand-knitters (I LOVE this book.)
I hope it makes Nancy S, Charlotte D and Tara G very happy.
Lucy’s also giving away one more amazing prize. A virtual library of ALL SIXTEEN of her DVDs.
I’m lucky enough to own almost all of them, and I swear that no matter how accomplished a knitter Donna W is, they’re going to learn a ton.
Finally, I want to tell you about an email that I got. An incredibly generous knitter who would like to remain anonymous, has made an offer that just about broke my heart with its loveliness. Beginning tonight, at 7pm EST, she will match the first 10 donations made to my pledge page. (If you’ve lost track of where that is, it’s here.)
This would be a generous and staggering gift at any amount, but get this. She’s willing to match up to a total of (take a deep breath) $5000.
If you, or anyone you know was considering a donation, tonight at 7pm would be an amazing time to do it. Thanks so much for all that you do, and for all your donations, of any size. I’m overwhelmed with the amazingness of all of this, and it will give me a reason to take heart while I ride in the rain. It’s totally worth it. Thank you.