Today marks the birthday of my dear friend Lene. I gifted her with socks last night, and she should know that the fact that I knit something and didn't blog about it to keep it a surprise is significant beyond measure. (See that Lene? I love you more than the blog.)
The top five reasons why Lene is blogworthy
5. Lene is funny. There aren't many people in the world that you could talk to everyday and still laugh yourself stupid at least once during the conversation every time. Lene can make the fact that my basement flooded funny.
4. Lene has guts. Enough guts to tell me when I'm being an arse. This comes up often enough that I can assure you that she's invaluable. (Imagine my ego without moderation.)
3. Lene is beautiful. As my friend Sean says, "She's a danish blonde, right?", it's all he needs to know about her.
2. Lene is strong. So strong in fact, that I don't worry about her. No matter what happens to Lene, I know that she's going to be ok. That's strong.
1. When Lene was forced to quit knitting by Rheumatoid Arthritis, (the demon itself) I got her stash. That's all I need to say about that.
It would mean a lot to me if you all flooded her inbox with well wishes.
She's worth it.
mailto:leneandersenATrogers.comPosted by Stephanie at August 28, 2004 7:50 PM