August 28, 2004
Happy Birthday Lene
Today marks the birthday of my dear friend Lene. I gifted her with socks last night, and she should know that the fact that I knit something and didn't blog about it to keep it a surprise is significant beyond measure. (See that Lene? I love you more than the blog.)
The top five reasons why Lene is blogworthy
5. Lene is funny. There aren't many people in the world that you could talk to everyday and still laugh yourself stupid at least once during the conversation every time. Lene can make the fact that my basement flooded funny.
4. Lene has guts. Enough guts to tell me when I'm being an arse. This comes up often enough that I can assure you that she's invaluable. (Imagine my ego without moderation.)
3. Lene is beautiful. As my friend Sean says, "She's a danish blonde, right?", it's all he needs to know about her.
2. Lene is strong. So strong in fact, that I don't worry about her. No matter what happens to Lene, I know that she's going to be ok. That's strong.
1. When Lene was forced to quit knitting by Rheumatoid Arthritis, (the demon itself) I got her stash. That's all I need to say about that.
It would mean a lot to me if you all flooded her inbox with well wishes.
She's worth it.
Posted by Stephanie at August 28, 2004 7:50 PM
Hope the Thermarest holds up! A friend designed that as his first project when he decided to not work for Boeing Co. anymore, and he has gone onward and upward from there!!!! We had very early models and they've lasted for years - even used them in mountain lakes to keep non-swimmer safe. The rocks in the Gates of the Arctic were felt, but no damage!
Every person should be fortunate enough to have a friend like your Lene. And such friends should be recognized more often than just on their birthdays! Harlot, your amazing luck never ceases to amaze me. Don't let it go to your head!
Point of interest: I finished the very Harlot poncho this afternoon! I outwitted my (5 year old) daughter by making it too big for her to claim as her own! HA She says it's so beautiful I HAVE TO make one for her! In PURPLE! She wants to look like a "fascinating woman" too. Thanks for the great pattern. Photo to follow once hubby returns from fishing trip.
A friend like that should be cherished. Plus, Lene is in good company, indeed. Today's my mother's birthday, too.
Wishes of a great bday sent - sounds like you're a good friend for her too...
Sent the message! Everyone deserves to be inundated on their birthdays.
Happy Birthday wishes are sent :)
Apple iCards are so cool.
All you needed to do was say the word. Her inbox is flooding, sort of like the entire State of Vermont today. Yikes. Serious flash flood warnings, but thankfully I live high on a hill. It'll take a lot before I have to hollow out that overgrown zucchini in my garden and use it as a canoe.
Steph, any friend of the harlot's is a friend of mine, and therefore, deserves to be deluged with email from perfect strangers.
It's something like pelting someone with chocolate cake, isn't it?
If I tell you you're an arse, can I be your friend, too?
I'm Dick's oldest daughter. Dad was proud and pleased to be on your website. He had a nice visit with you and your family. He asked me to pass this message on to you as he is somewhat technically challegened (me too, only I'm not as afraid of the damn machine anymore; this is obvious by the way I am sending you a message...).
Glad to know you had a good visit to the rock. We missed going this year, but will be going next year.
Your site looks cool and I'll try to visit once in a while. Who knows, I may even be inspired to take up knitting again.
sigh. My chocolate birthday cake icard was returned as undeliverable...wish her all the best. okay?