June 11, 2005
Happy Birthday Ian
10 reasons to wish my little brother a Happy Birthday.
10. He will let me take Birthday blog pictures. (Even though it is really pretty clear from this photo that this irritates him to no end.)
9. He picked a really nice wife. Ali is sweeter than pie. I will always be grateful to him for deciding to pledge his life to someone you actually want to see.
8. Ian shaves his head at random intervals. Like today.
7. Ian's cell phone ring is a chicken noise.
6. Ian worships at the altar of the felted clog, being the biggest fan of the noble footwear since the dawn of time. He thinks everybody who can knit them is pretty smart too...
5. He gardens and is a marvelous cook.
4. Ian has travelled all over the world, months in Europe, Africa...India. This means that he speacks 14 words of almost every language on earth ...and it means that he is an invaluable member of the McPhee family crossword team. (6 letter word - smallest of the African mainland states? Gambia. See? Ian would know that. He would also know that the guy who ran the hotel in Banjul, (the capitol of Gambia) had a sister who got married when she was 22. Ian really gets to know people.)
3. Ian is one of the hardest workers I have ever met.
2. Ian loves to set fire to things. (Mostly in his adult life, this is not a problem.)
1. Ian is (as Hank would say) "a pretty nice guy. He could be Spiderman."
Happy Birthday Dude.
I'm off to Columbus to sign books at TNNA, see you Monday.
Posted by Stephanie at June 11, 2005 9:49 AM
Happy Birthday, Ian!
(Now where can I get a chicken ringtone for MY phone...?)
Happy Birthday, Ian! Aren't little brothers the best?
Happy birthday Ian! Sretan ti rodjendan!
Hurray, the birthday season has started at YarnHarlot.
Happy birthday, Ian. We can tell you must be pretty special because Stephanie actually wrote a blog post on the weekend to tell us about you. Cheers!
Happy Birthday Ian! Congrats for having a cool brother, Stephanie!
Happy Birthday, Ian!
Now the Harlot goes to Columbus? I lived there on and off for about 8 years before I moved to BC. You should go here http://www.bexleysmonk.com/ for lunch and say hi to my friend Vernon. I'm sure you two would get along, and he would gladly serve the sock a beer.
What's not to like?? It's hard to go wrong with a collection of qualities like that. Hippo Birdies Two Ewes, Ian!
Happy Birthday Ian!
(And a Merry UnBirthday to you!)
If he ever visits farms, does he have trouble answering his phone? Or does the owner ever think he is stealing chickens?
Happy Birthday Ian! (hey, that's my husband's name) And Happy Early Birthday to Stephanie and her Mom. Hooray for Birthday week!
It was great to meet you at TNNA. (Sorry I accosted you outside the Ladies room!) I hope you were able to find the Habu booth. And thanks for signing my bookbookbook!
Happy birthday, Ian! My hubby's cellphone is a coyote howl, loud enough to scare the chickens.
Happy Birthday Ian!!! My cell phone ring is a chicken also...
I sure hope that means I'm cool, too!
Happy Birthday Ian -- all the cool sons get named Ian, mine did.
Happy Birthday, Ian!! And, I'm with Cari - Where can I get a chicken noise for MY phone????
Happy Birthday Ian! If you're cool with Steph you're cool with me :)
I was in line at a convenience store this morning, behind someone who had a chicken-like ring tone. Squawking pocketbook-- freaked me right out. Happy Birthday Ian.
You forgot a couple -- he's cute! and has a great name.
Happy Birthday Ian
"happy birthday to you ......"
"you look like a monkey and you smell like one too....ooo"
congratulations on having a birthday between my DD, on the 10th and My Son on the 15th!
marie in very rainy florida
Happy Birthday Ian!! This head shaving thing is really in right now. My son shaves it close but not bald.
PS...You can always send the Silk Tee my way if it doesn't fit you!! I love it! ;-)
(belated)Breithla shona duit Ian.
Tillykke Ian! Hurra, Hurra, Hurra!
Happy Birthday, Ian. If it weren't for the fact that we're way the hell too far away, I'd recommend getting Ian and the Hubster together. Hubster is all about setting things on fire. And, with a PhD in chemistry, he can come up with some fairly creative combustible scenarios.
Many happy returns, and also, in the hopes that you don't know these yet, an international "Happy Birthday!":
Janam Din Bahut Mubarak Ho,
Iyi yaslar, and
Tursun udriin mend hurgey!
(Hindi, Afrikaans, Klingon, Turkish, and Mongolian!)
Happy Birthday Ian. Sorry I came late to the party (the kids are out of school and the line for the computer was fierce!). So, about that chicken ringtone....