1. I'm home.
2. I'm so glad I'm home. I've still got the tail end of whatever plague beset me three weeks ago, and I can't seem to kick it, so the idea of sleeping in my own bed and having my own things around me makes me really happy.
3. I'm convinced that my cold/cough/plague would leave if summer would arrive. I can't believe how crappy and cold it is outside. The Canadian summer is short enough that this last run of cool weather is a heartbreak.
4. I don't even have my garden in.
5. I loved the people I met in Saskatchewan.
6. Aviva said in the comments: "The Benedictines are so incredibly cool. Have fun with them. Extra points
if you get them to pose with the sock."
Done. (Thanks Father Dimitrius. You're a good sport.)
7. My house is so messy and dirty that it's bugging even me, and I have really, really ridiculously low standards.
8. There is a strange smell in the fridge and I have been trying to figure out what it is since Sunday. It's driving me crazy. I've looked at everything. It's like a ghost smell messing with me or something. I hate when that happens.
It's like fridges only have one way to try and express humour. It doesn't work.
9. I finished a pair of socks while I was on my way back.
10. I regret pretty deeply that I didn't make these my size.
11. That makes me feel a little selfish.
12. I think I'm okay with being selfish about socks that I knit myself.
13. I finished something big.
14. Considering the rough start this project had, I'm surprised how much I loved knitting it. The nupps are an extremely entertaining bit of knitterly fun. Something like deciding to turn a cartwheel in the park for no reason other than it's a beautiful day.
15. I was really worried that the angora would shed all over the place. They said it wouldn't, but I have been told yarn lies before - and when a yarn is expensive, it really annoys the hell out of me.
16. This wasn't a lie. I love this yarn. It's tightly spun, tightly plied... and it's developing the loveliest angora halo without leaving angora anywhere, even after washing and abusing a little. The tight twist means this has stitch definition that shows of my work, while the halo makes it so soft it would break your heart. I absolutely got what I paid for here... and more.
17. I am thinking about wearing this shawl with my track pants and tee shirt when I go to buy toilet paper from the corner store later.
18. I think that this is a good idea, because the tee shirt is black and will really show off the shawl, and I will look great.
19. In reality, I know that I am actually going to look like a homeless lady who found a really great shawl.
.Posted by Stephanie at June 9, 2009 12:40 PM