I mean for many things to go well this week. (Stop that laughing. I have things go well all the time. Especially if they are not knitting.) I'm starting another busy time, and I'm making a little list of things to be done before I start my sprints again. (Man. I just got a little nauseous there.)
1. Finish the sweater so that I have something new and knitty to wear in Florida and Alabama this weekend.
(This is actually done, but the sweater is damp and finishing blocking and until it's blocked it doesn't count as finished because I can't wear it. Still, the odds that it will dry before Friday are fairly good, assuming that Toronto gives it up with it's impression of a city with a monsoon season. )
2. Work hard on ignoring the fact that while it is still really sweater weather here, I'm pretty sure that Florida and Alabama are past wool at this stage. I am wearing the new sweater. It is my plan. I have even imagined a little thing in my head where I think "shall I bring my coat to Florida and Alabama?" and the voice in my head answers and says "No, I'm sure it's spring there. Just bring the sweater."
3. Post details of tour on this page because people are saying that they can't see the new schedule on the tour page. (It's really there. Try clearing your cache and looking again. I promise that it's not possible for me to post it for some people and not for others. It is there.) In the meantime, while (like me) you have to find out what a cache is and how to clear it, here it is:
May 16 - Vero Beach, FLA. 11-1, Vero Beach Books, "Coffee with Stephanie", Vero Beach Books Center, 2145 Indian River Blvd, Vero Beach, FL 32960
May 17 - Atlanta 1:00 p.m. FoxTale Books. Event location: Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency (CRPA) 7545 Main Street, Bldg. 200, Woodstock, GA 30188. (A $15 ticket includes admission to the event as well as $10 in coupons redeemable at FoxTale Book Shoppe and The Whole Nine Yards, a yarn store next to the bookstore.)
May 19 - Fairhope, AL. 6:00- 8:00pm, Page & Palette 32 South Section Street. Fairhope, AL 36532
May 28 - Austin, TX. 7 pm, BookPeople, 603 North Lamar Blvd. Austin, Texas 78703
May 29 - Dallas, TX. 7:30 pm, Legacy Books, 7300 Dallas Parkway, Suite A120. Plano, TX 75024
June 4-6 - Saskatchewan, Canada, 2008 Saskatchewan Stitches Conference. May 30 to June 7, 2009
St. Peter’s Abbey , Muenster, For information, call 1-800-344-6024.
I'll be giving a lecture Saturday, June 6 at 7:30 p.m. Cost: $15.00 (no charge for conference participants)
and teaching classes.
4. Since I am going to Florida and Alabama (and then Texas) which all seem to me to be the sorts of places where it will be warm, I need to find the time to bring my summer clothes up from the basement. I may need them. (And the sweater.)
5. I need to go get my hair cut. I am not particularly vain about how I look (or I suppose I would own a lipstick) but when I see pictures of myself after events like this I am always crushed that I couldn't be bothered to even get a hair cut. I am going to try harder this time. (I am still not wearing lipstick though. I have to draw the line somewhere. I have a suspicion that this may make me the only woman in Dallas not wearing lipstick, but I can live with the shame - and I may be wrong about that anyway. All I know about Dallas I learned from the show.)
6. I have to figure out what to knit on the plane.
Yesterday I finished the first plain sock in Luxury,
and today the ribbing is done on the second one and obviously I need to be prepared for a new project on the plane. Maybe the shawl....
7. Oh, wait. I turned my attention to the shawl when I finished the sweater, so it might be done by Friday too.
Crap. Okay. I'll think on this.
8. Clean this place up so that Joe stands a chance while I'm gone. There should at least be a nod to spring cleaning. At this point I believe that the nod may be emptying the trash in the bathroom. C'est la vie.
9. Get my bike fixed because my left brake grabs if I use it, and since I do not for a second, believe that I am the sort of person who can remember not to use her left brake, I smell disaster looming.
10. Clear up the garden, since in-between jaunts I'll have just a little time to slam the beast into the ground.
I think that's it. Is that it? I don't know if that's it. The week feels overwhelming and suddenly I feel badly for having allowed the family to take me to the movies yesterday, even though I had a nice time.... Wanna guess what we saw?
Now. To quote EZ...
Onward.Posted by Stephanie at May 11, 2009 12:12 PM