1. I got home on Monday night from Knitting in the Heartland.
2. I am writing this to you from the airport again because I’m leaving for the Strung Along Retreat.
and hosted by really, really lovely people who truly love knitting and the community it creates. People like my new bestie Stacey. (Thanks for all your hard work Stacey.)
4. The Marketplace was pretty awesome, and there was lots of new-to-me vendors.
5. What happened after that re-enforces the idea I’ve had for a long time that a knitters ability to withstand the siren call of yarn has a lot to do with immunity – just like with the flu or something. I’m pretty sure it all has to do with if you’re in a weakened state or are running into a virus you’ve never had before.
6. So, I bought some yarn. (And some fibre. And maybe a bag. And maybe that is not a picture of all the yarn.)
7. I bought this yellow coat a while ago (someone has to buy all the yellow and orange coats, it might as well be me) and I realized today that not only do I not really have a knitted thing that goes well with it, I also bought exactly the right yarn for it at the Marketplace.
That’s Stone Soup Fibers Elements/Skinny Skeins.
8. Somewhere between here and Seattle I am going to figure out what to do with it. (Well, that and and maybe all the other mini-skein kits I keep buying because they’ve got crack in them or something.)
9. I got to use an overhead projector and I remembered how much fun it is.
10. What’s the neatest thing that happened to you this week?